Take Action to Save Service
Tell Congress that funding for national service matters to you and your community.
Through programs and grants, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) provides the boots on the ground that deliver the vital services Americans need and local government can no longer afford to provide. Whether it is disaster response, educational support or enabling senior citizens to live independently rather than enter costly nursing homes, national service is meeting critical needs in communities across the country.
With increased demand for support from communities and increased demand to serve from citizens, now is the time to step up our investment in CNCS, not step back.
Easy Action Steps for Save Service Supporters:
- Sign up for Action Alerts: Keep up to date with the latest news and alerts by signing up at right. We’ll let you know when your voice is needed most.
- Contact your Member of Congress: Take action by sending an electronic letter telling your congressional representatives why funding for CNCS is important to your community. Your voice matters most.
Keep the discussion going by engaging your friends and share these sample tweets on your social networks:
- Make service a priority in America and protect funding for #nationalservice #saveservice
- Fully fund #nationalservice to create jobs and support communities. #saveservice
- #nationalservice engages 5 million Americans in results-driven service every year. Protect America’s right to serve. #saveservice
If you want to craft your own tweets, use the hashtag #saveservice so your voice can be amplified!
- Write a Letter to Your Local Paper: Download a guide on how to prepare and submit a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. You can help readers understand how budget cuts to CNCS will affect the service programs in their community.